TRX Side Planks
JCC personal trainer Sara Williams shows you how to do TRX side planks. This exercise targets your abdominal muscles. It's especially good for strengthening a muscle called the quadratus lumborum, which is part of the posterior abdominal wall that plays a prominent role in averting back pain.
How to Set Up
- Adjust TRX straps to mid calf length and sit facing straps.
- If you've never used TRX before, please note that Full Center Members of the APJCC are eligible for a free TRX training session. To schedule, visit the Fitness Desk or call 408.357.7419. You can read more about TRX on our TRX web page.
How to Do the Exercise
1. Let your top leg come in front and line the feet up, heel to toe. Make sure the straps are even.
2. Place feet, toe first into the loops and roll over onto left elbow.
3. Press into your left forearm to lift the hips and steady the feet. Hold for 15-20 seconds.
Here are more Core Circuit Exercises that will strengthen your abdomen and back.
Always consult with your doctor before beginning any exercise program.