TRX Joint Mobility Warm-ups
Want to improve your fitness level safely and quickly? Use the JCC's TRX Suspension Training equipment, located in Fitness B on the first floor.
On this page, JCC personal trainer Herb shows you how to use the TRX Suspension Trainer for joint mobility warm-ups.
Join Herb for a TRX class Monday, Tuesday, or Thursday mornings at 7:00am! Pre-registration is required. TRX classes are fee-based. Contact the Fitness Desk at 408.357.7419.
How to Set Up
Adjust the TRX Suspension Trainer straps to mid-length. Face the anchor point, with your elbows stacked under your shoulders, with tension on the straps.
(The anchor point is the place where the TRX straps attach to the bar. )
How to Do the Exercises
Ankle Mobility: 1 minute
1. Center one leg in front of the anchor point. Lift the opposite leg and stand upright. Try not to lean on the straps.
2. 3. Flex the foot up and down, then do ankle circles.
3. Repeat with opposite leg.
Hip Mobility: 3 minutes
1. Swing leg from front to back to front (25 seconds each side).
2. Balance on one leg. Bring knee up to a 90 degree angle.
3. Rotate leg externally and internally (25 seconds each side).
4. Do a bicycle motion; in other words, make a pedaling motion.
Shoulder Mobility: 1 minute
1. Extend both arms overhead (back of hand against foot cradle) with tension on the straps.
2. Swing one arm away from center in a circular fashion while keeping the other straight above. Switch sides. (30 seconds)
3. Then swing both arms away from the center at the same time. (30 seconds)
For more information about TRX, see the JCC's TRX web page.
Always consult with your doctor before beginning any exercise program.