Shoestring Family Theatre
The Shoestring Family Theatre produces quality, recreational, family-oriented amateur productions of major plays and musicals at the JCC. This is community theatre at its best!
Our summer 2015 show will be Oliver, a musical by Lionel Bart based on a novel by Charles Dickens.
Saturday, August 22nd | 6:30pm includes Champagne Reception
Sunday, August 23rd | 12:00pm and 5:00pm
Saturday, August 29th | 7:00pm
Sunday, August 30th | 12:00pm and 5:00pm
Opening Night with Champagne Reception: $30 Adults, $5 Children
Sunday August 23rd, Saturday August 29th, and Sunday August 30th: $10 Adults, $5 Children
More info: Emily Somma at the JCC, email@example.com or 408.357.7492.
Photos of Past Performances
Last summer's show was Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka.
Photo credits: Wayne and Mona Hall
Shoestring Family Theatre's Vision and Mission
Our vision is to establish the Shoestring Family Theatre as a true multi-generational performing arts organization for the community by:
- Producing an annual summer production (June-September) of a current or classic musical performed by an ensemble of talent from the surrounding community.
- Including all who desire to participate. Everyone who auditions for one of our shows is guaranteed a part.
- Enabling seasoned and novice performers of all ages. We don't care how many times you've been told that you can't sing, dance, or act. We say, "Yes, you CAN!" And then we follow through by teaching you how!
- Encouraging family participation in our productions. We are intentional about including people of all ages on stage together.
We provide musical memories and experiences of a lifetime with family, friends, and community by producing quality entertainment.
- To build a family of musical theatre artists and performers.
- To produce classic and new musicals that speak to contemporary audiences of all ages.
- To utilize the cultural resources and experience of the principals to serve as a bridge between the community of all ages, cultures, and backgrounds in the Valley.
- To help people find and use their talents and gifts and achieve individual growth for the benefit of the whole community.
- To foster the interaction of children, youth, adults, and seniors to achieve a common goal, proven to be a valuable growth experience for all involved.
- To strengthen the community by enabling and growing relationships that remain long after the final curtain.
- To engender all those we touch with an appreciation and understanding of the theatre and how it has enriched our cultural and aesthetic life.