Camp Forms & Policies
Forms for Winter, Ski Week, and Spring Break Camps
For winter, ski week, and spring break camps, the only form you need is a regular JCC class registration form.
Summer Camp 2016 Forms
- Summer Camp Registration Form - This is a printable registration form in PDF format. An online registration option will be available later this spring.
- Scholarship Application (PDF format) - Camp Shalom offers a limited number of need-based scholarships.
- Camp Shalom Brochure 2016 (PDF format) - If you'd like to download our 16-page camp brochure, here it is!
- You will receive a parent packet with additional forms to fill out (medical information, etc) once we receive your camp registration. For families with preschool-age campers in Pashoshim or Katan, you can download the family handbook here.
14855 Oka Road, Los Gatos, CA 95032.
The Camp Office is located in the JCC Programming Office (formerly the Teen Lounge, on the 2nd floor of the JCC) prior to the start of camp, and will move to the school side of the building once camp begins in June. Please come by and visit!
Camp Hours for Preschool-Age Children (Katan & Pashoshim)
- Drop Off: 9:00am
- Pick Up: 12:30pm (4:00pm for Ariot)
- Full Day: 9:00am-4:00pm
- Half Day: 9:00am-12:30pm
- Extended Care (Kif Kef): 8:00am-9:00am and 12:30pm-6:00pm
Camp Hours K- 10th grades
- Full Day: 9:00am-4:00pm
- Camp Office: 9:00am-3:30pm M-F
- Extended Care: 7:30am-9:00am and 4:00pm-6:00pm
- Drop Off: 8:45am-9:00am
- Pick Up: 4:00pm-4:15pm
Completed registration forms can be mailed to the JCC, submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or submitted in person to the Camp Office or to the JCC Service Desk in the main lobby. Preschool families may also submit forms to APJCC Preschool Office.
Applicants must be in good financial standing with the JCC to register for any camp program.
Before And After-Camp Care
For details about childcare before and after the regular camp day, see our Extended Care page.
Deposits are due upon registration. Deposits are nonrefundable and nontransferable to other JCC programs and services outside of Camp Shalom. Balances for all camp programs regardless of session must be paid in full by May 27th, 2016 in order to complete enrollment. The JCC will not guarantee placement if balances are outstanding after that date.
Required deposits per session, per program:
- Pashoshim and Katan: $200
- All other programs: $150*
* For Camp Yoetz, full fees (rather than just a deposit) must be paid at the time of enrollment.
Camp Change Fee
Any change made to camp registration after you submit your application, will incur a $25 fee. (This fee may be waived at the discretion of Camp Shalom.)
Camp Discounts/ Financial Aid
- Sibling Discount: If you are enrolling more than one child in camp, the 2nd child, and each child afterwards (3rd, 4th, etc.) will receive a $15 discount for each week in which a sibling is enrolled. Discount is applicable to the lower camp fee.
- Early Bird Discount: Enroll before March 31st, 2016, and receive $10 off per week enrolled.
- Multi-Session Discount: Enroll in 6 weeks of camp and receive $50 off your total. Enroll in 7 weeks of camp and receive $75 off your total. Enroll in 8 or more weeks and receive $100 off your total. Weeks of camp are counted per camper and cannot be combined. Note: The multi-session discount is not available for our preschool camps (Pashoshim and Katan).
- Referral Discount: Want your friends to come to Camp Shalom? When a new family enrolls in camp and lists you as a referral, you will receive $10 off for every week they enroll in. Discounts are only applied for new campers. Discount is only available on the first registration and does not include camps added later on after the initial registration.
- Financial Assistance:
- Camp Shalom provides a limited number of camperships (need-based scholarships) to campers who qualify. If you would like to apply for a scholarship from Camp Shalom, please fill out this application form. Open registration for camperships begins 2/1/16 and ends once all funds have been awarded. To reserve your child's place at camp, please submit a camp registration form with your scholarship application.
- The Jewish Federation of Silicon Valley also provides camperships to families that qualify (Jewish families only). To apply for a campership, please contact Jeri Jensen at the Jewish Federation of Silicon Valley: email@example.com. Open registration for camperships begins in February, and ends once all funds have been awarded. To reserve your child’s place at camp, submit a camp registration form clearly indicating that you are applying for a campership (field located on the application). Checking this box does not mean you have received a scholarship, but indicates you have submitted campership documents. If you are denied a campership, Camp Shalom will refund your deposit in full, if you choose to cancel your enrollment. Also see http://jvalley.org/scholarships.
Camp Shalom Food Policy
All food provided by Camp Shalom (snack, cooking time, etc.) will be kosher-style or vegetarian. Please do not send your camper with meat, shellfish, or peanut butter in their lunches. For a list of yummy lunch ideas see the Camp Shalom Parent Packet, which will be mailed to you after you register for camp.
Is there an alternative to me packing lunch each day?
Take a break from making lunch! For just $5.50 per day, campers can enjoy a delicious, nutritious lunch. To sign up for camp lunches, please fill out the lunch registration form (which will be available on this web page soon). Lunch registrations must be submitted at least one full business day (24 hours) in advance.
For summer 2016, the main dish at lunch each day will be
- Mondays - spaghetti
- Tuesdays - cheese quesadilla
- Wednesdays - grilled cheese
- Thursdays - veggie tacos
- Fridays - special of the day
All meals include fruit, drink, and dessert. You may choose to substitute a bagel with cream cheese instead of the main dish on any day.
Camp Shalom Cancellation Policy
Refunds of camp fees will be granted, less deposit, only if the JCC is notified in writing of withdrawal prior to May 27th, 2016. After May 27th, 2016, no refunds will be granted. All deposits are non-refundable.
Transfer of camp funds, may only be done within Camp Shalom summer programming (not to other JCC programs).
For cancellations due to illness or physical limitation, a physician’s letter is required. Depending on the severity of the illness or physical limitation, and according to the physician’s letter, the remaining program fees may be transferred to another program within the JCC (but not to membership dues or preschool tuition). All deposits are non-refundable.
More Information About Camp
For more information, see our Frequently Asked Questions page. (This page is in PDF format.)
Or contact the camp office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 408.357.7416.